In our first ever blog post in September 2017, we told you that we have ‘something huge’ planned for 2018; in the past few weeks, we have been dropping subtle hints on Instagram; and now, the time has come for the big announcement. 😀 😀 😀
In September 2018, we will set off on a trip around the world in an attempt to become the first couple to travel to all 196 sovereign nations in Guinness World Record time! 🙂 ♥
The plan is to visit each country’s most romantic destination or most popular travel attraction in Guinness World Record time. We are planning to engage in romantic activities and to prove with visual content from all across the globe that love is all around us.
First, we are planning to visit all 54 sovereign countries in Africa, next is Asia, Australia and Oceania, North America, South America, and Europe.
We will write blog posts about our journey, share our adventures and acquired knowledge with you in newsletters, and post daily photos and videos on Instagram. We will need some help in selecting specific destinations and activities and we sincerely hope we can count on you. 😉
In 2013 we got married and went on our ‘first’ honeymoon. It was a 6-month trip through North and South America and it was awesome! Before the trip, we had our lives and careers all planned out. But the time we spent traveling changed us. We became much more aware of the beauty our planet has to offer as well as of the problems it faces. An uncontrollable desire to see and help the world was born. We came up with a project that can do both – 196xLOVE enables us to travel the world and to promote love, peace, and sustainability, the three things we believe in most.
Love is the greatest power in the world. It can destroy hatred, stop wars, heal broken hearts, bring happiness, and even create lives.
- We will promote the concept of love with our Love board, which will travel with us to all 196 countries.
- We will promote love by searching for the most romantic destinations and by engaging in the most romantic activities.
- With visual content from all across the globe, we will break stereotypes and prove that love is, in fact, everywhere and everything.
Peace is love for people. And we can only revel in love if we live in peace. Peace is a basic need and we must do our best to protect it.
- We will promote peace, random acts of kindness, and cooperation beyond boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality.
Sustainability is love for nature. The only way to ensure the survival of humans, animals, the environment, and consequently the concept of love is through sustainability. Our generation was given the great responsibility to protect the environment. We have to make sure to preserve the Earth and all its beauty for future generations.
- We will do a 10-minute environmental clean-up wherever and whenever possible. Our goal is to raise awareness of pollution and other environmental issues and to encourage others to do the same.
- Since animal agriculture has a negative impact on the environment, we will try to offset our carbon footprint by not eating beef, lamb or pork during our journey.
- We will do our best to offset our carbon footprint by planting the required number of trees.
- We will promote sustainable tourism by traveling responsibly ourselves. We will use environmentally friendly products, minimize our waste, use water sparingly, choose ethical tour operators, and stay in sustainable hotels, resorts, and lodges as much and as often as possible.
The pitch deck
If you are interested in supporting us and would like to learn more about the project, please check out the document below.
If love, peace, and sustainability seem like things worth standing for and supporting, you are more than welcome to click the button below and make a small contribution to the project. 20% of your donation will automatically be transferred to Greenpeace.
196xLOVE is going to be an amazing, crazy, epic, life-altering journey. We can’t wait to go and see the world and we are super excited, honored, and happy to take you with us! 🙂 Stay tuned! 😉