In August 2018, we set off on a unique trip around the world in an attempt to become the first couple to travel to all 196 sovereign nations while promoting SUSTAINABILITY, PEACE, and LOVE! 🙂 ♥
The plan is to visit each country’s most romantic destination or most popular travel attraction (whenever and wherever possible) while focusing on our mission to promote sustainability, peace, and love. However, we are not doing it just to see the beauty of planet Earth. The goal is to raise awareness about the importance of sustainability by planting trees (we are planning to plant at least 500 trees to offset our carbon footprint and the carbon footprint of our supporting partners), peace by posting powerful messages in Instagram stories, and love by creating a unique couples’ travel guide for every country in the world and to prove with visual content from all across the globe that love is all around us. We have paused our normal lives for at least 3 years to achieve this ambitious goal.
We also want to show the world how much beauty, peace, and love between people and towards nature can be found in each and every country in the world. We also want to point out the existing problems, on which we must all work on and try to fix them. We want people to appreciate their own home country and also to encourage others to travel, but to do it sustainably (to reduce and offset their carbon footprint) since travel plays a big role in building a tolerance, open-mindedness, and acceptance needed for world peace.
First, we are planning to visit all 54 sovereign countries in Africa, as this is where life began, next will be Asia, Australia and Oceania, North America, South America, and finally Europe.
We will write blog posts about our journey, share our adventures and acquired knowledge with you in newsletters, and post daily photos and videos on Instagram. We could always use your help in selecting specific destinations and activities, as such please leave your suggestions in a comment or send us an email or DM on Instagram. 😉
In 2013 we got married and went on our ‘first’ honeymoon. It was a 6-month trip through North and South America and it was awesome! Before the trip, we had our lives and careers all planned out. But the time we spent traveling changed us. We became much more aware of the beauty our planet has to offer as well as of the numerous problems it faces. An uncontrollable desire to see and help the world was born. We came up with a project that can do both – 196xLOVE enables us to travel the world and to promote sustainability, peace, and love, the three things we believe in most.
One of the reasons why we want to visit all countries is to show the world how small our planet actually is and that we are all part of the same environment, we all affect mother nature and consequently one another, which means we must all do our part towards the better future.
Sustainability is LOVE for nature. The only way to ensure the survival of humans, animals, the environment, and consequently the concept of love is through sustainability. Our generation was given a great responsibility to protect the environment. We have to make sure to preserve the Earth and all its beauty for future generations.
- We will plant at least 500 trees to offset our carbon footprint and the carbon footprint of our supporting partners.
- We will do a 10-minute environmental clean-up wherever and whenever possible. Our goal is to raise awareness of pollution and other environmental issues and to encourage others to do the same.
- Since animal agriculture has a negative impact on the environment, we will try to offset our carbon footprint by not eating beef, lamb or pork during our journey.
- We will promote sustainable tourism by traveling responsibly ourselves. We will use environmentally friendly products, minimize our waste, use water sparingly, choose ethical tour operators, use ECO flights, and stay in sustainable hotels, resorts, and lodges as much and as often as possible.
- We will promote sustainability with our 196xLove board, which will travel with us to all 196 countries.
Peace is LOVE for people. And we can only revel in love if we live in peace. Peace is a basic need and we must do our best to protect it.
- We will post 200+ Instagram stories to promote peace.
- We will promote peace, random acts of kindness, and cooperation beyond boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality.
- We will visit schools/orphanages/kindergartens (as often as possible) and remind the children about the importance of sustainability and peace, and encourage them to be the best possible versions of themselves.
- We will promote peace with our 196xLove board, which will travel with us to all 196 countries.
- Update: Since we have been on the road, we also became “PEACE NOW” ambassadors.
LOVE is the greatest power in the world. It can destroy hatred, stop wars, heal broken hearts, bring happiness, and even create lives.
- We will promote the concept of love with our Love board, which will travel with us to all 196 countries.
- We will promote love by searching for the most romantic destinations and by engaging in the most romantic activities to finally create a unique couples’ travel guide for every country (those suitable for visitors) in the world.
- With visual content from all across the globe, we will break stereotypes and prove that love is, in fact, everywhere and everything.
An initiative for promoting sustainability, peace, and love
If you are interested in supporting us and would like to learn more about the project, please click on the link below.
If love, peace, and sustainability seem like things worth standing for and supporting, you are more than welcome to click the link below and make a small contribution to the project.
196xLOVE is going to be an amazing, crazy, epic, life-altering journey. We can’t wait to go and see the world and we are super excited, honored, and happy to take you with us! 🙂 Stay tuned! 😉
In case you have some additional questions about 196xLOVE please check out our Q & A post.