Last July we went to a Guns N’ Roses Concert in Prague and it was nothing short of awesome! 🙂 Not just the concert, but the sightseeing part as well. The capital of the Czech Republic is one of the most magical cities in Europe. It’s known for its many prominent museums, amazing architecture, a vibrant cultural life, tasty food, good beer, and countless breathtaking historical monuments.
Things to see
• Charles Bridge (a historic bridge that crosses the Vltava river and offers a beautiful view of the Prague Castle)
• Prague Castle (the largest ancient castle in the world; dating back to the 9th century)
• St. Vitus Cathedral (a pompous cathedral situated within the Prague Castle complex)
• Vyšehrad fortress (a historic fort located on a hill over the Vltava River)
• Basilica of St Peter and St Paul (a church located in Vyšehrad fortress)
• Old Town Square (the main square in Prague, which features many of the city’s most noteworthy monuments, such as the Church of Mother of God before Týn, the Old Town Hall and its astronomical clock, St. Nicholas Church, Kinský Palace, and some well-known statues)
• Wenceslas Square (one of the main city squares in the New Town quarter of Prague)
• Petřín Lookout Tower (an observation tower, which strongly resembles the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France)
• The Dancing House (a building famous for its extremely non-traditional design)
• Josefov/Jewish Quarter (a town quarter, formerly the Jewish ghetto of Prague)
Things to do
• Climb the Old Town Bridge Tower and enjoy the spectacular view of the Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, Petrin Hill, and the entire city.
• Petřín Lookout Tower, Prague Castle, and a Starbucks near the castle also offer scenic views of the city. Check it out! 😉
• Stroll across the Charles Bridge and enjoy all the beautiful sights.
• Experience the vibrant culture of Prague. Visit a museum, a theater, or simply enjoy the excellent performances of street artists.
• Take a cruise on the Vltava river.
• Enjoy a good cold beer at the Old Town Square. After all, Czech beer is an attraction in itself. 🙂
• Try a Trdelnik! Trdelnik is a spit cake made from rolled dough wrapped around a stick, grilled and topped with sugar. Usually, it’s filled with ice cream, fruits or other fillings. Bon Appétit! 😉
• Admire the amazing architecture.
♥ Top romantic experience and top adventure
Prague offers many romantic experiences as well as countless adventures. You can take a bike tour of the city, admire the stunning architecture, go skydiving, take a river cruise or an aerial tour of the city, go flyboarding, visit an amusement park, go golfing or horseback riding, etc. We enjoyed the cool beer, the delicious food, and the awesome view of the city from the Old Town Bridge Tower the most. 😉
Are you wondering about the daily budget, the best time to go, visa and immunization requirements, local customs, currency, electricity standards, safety tips and where to stay? Here you can find out all you need to know before visiting the Czech Republic (coming soon).
Have you already been to Prague? We invite you to share your top romantic experience and top adventure in the comment section below. 😉
2 thoughts on “The epic concert and sightseeing in Prague”
Prague looks like a great little vacation getaway. I would love to see the Prague Castle. Well, actually everything you recommended sound interesting, including the Charles Bridge. A Trdelnik looks so yummy! I can see myself indulging in that for sure! Looks like you had a blast not only at the concert, but in the city itself. Thanks for sharing!
You’re more than welcome. It makes us very happy to provide you with the useful information and inspire you to visit new places.